- Proportional Sampling: The built-in partial flow dilution system eliminates the need for a CVS, while meeting EPA’s CFR40, part 1065 and ISO 16183 accuracy requirements.
- Multi-Crystal Design: With eight crystals available for mass measurement, the system can continuously operate for up to eight hours. Once a sample is collected on one crystal, the system automatically switches to the next available crystal, allowing crystals to stabilize between samples. Additionally, one crystal can be used to measure the ambient air and account for this background in the mass calculations.
- Highly Sensitive: With a crystal mass sensitivity of 100 Hz/µg, short sample times can be used for testing.
- Fast Results: With the PPMD post processor, results can be obtained within minutes of data collection, in lieu of the typical 24 hour turn-around time for batch processing from a gravimetric filter system.
- Low Maintenance: Crystal cleaning and filter changes are the only regular maintenance items, which are simplified with easy access.
- SEMTECH-DS Integration: The system is designed to be operated as a stand-alone device, or in conjunction with Sensors’ gaseous emissions analyzer, for a complete emissions measurement solution, that meets the EPA’s CFR40, part 1065 portable emissions measurement requirements.
The Portable Particulate Measurement Device, SEMTECH-PPMD, is the only portable system that directly measures the mass of exhaust particulates under real world conditions, with nanogram sensitivity. The unit integrates three key, patented subsystems from the SEMTECH product line into a single, self-contained unit: the Exhaust Flow Meter (EFM), the Micro-Proportional Sample System (MPS), and the Carousel Quartz Crystal Microbalance (CQCM). When used in conjunction with the SEMTECH-DS, Sensors’ gaseous emissions analyzer, it can be used to measure Not-to-Exceed events, enabling complete measurement compliance with the EPA’s testing requirements. Available as an on-board analyzer, as shown, or in a 19″ rack mount configuration for test cell applications.